Sunday, January 13, 2013

Feeling Sentimentally Good


This was a fun project to work on and I have a few tips to pass on to you.

 I used Feel Goods stamp set (129684)  and Canvas Creations (129375) from the Spring catalog and Feeling Sentimental (129630) from SAB.

I used an oval framelit to cut out the ferris wheel and the sentiment. When doing this I tend to use a post-it note to hold the paper or canvas and the framelit in place for cutting. Works like a charm. What I learned the hard way is that you need to heat set the ink on the Canvas Creations before you do anything else, especially if you are using the new ink pads. I didn't and the ink came off on the post-it note and then transferred to the next image I cut. Also, when I heat set on the canvas the ink faded just a bit. Last tip, I secured the canvas to the card with a bit of the red sticky tape. Overall, I like the canvas creations material and the texture it adds to a project. I will continue to use it.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Great tips for new product! It was good seeing you this weekend.

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete