Saturday, February 4, 2012

What I did on my Vacation

I thought I would share some of what I did while we were on our Hawaiian cruise.

During our days at sea there were heirloom lei making classes and I went to each one. A very talented woman, Leialoha, taught us how to make a variety of leis with yarn, kukui nuts, ribbon, and a straw. Yes, I did say a straw.

This lei is made with fun fur yarn and a loop ribbon. It is wrapped around a ribbon and you use a straw. This looked like one of the hardest leis to make but it was very easy and elegant. I will be making more of these.

This piece uses fun fur and loop yarn crocheted around a kukui nut bracelt. Who knew I could learn to crochet on a cruise. Basic stitches, but I did it.


This little number is a bracelet or hair scrunchy. It is fun fur crocheted around one of those elastic hair thingies. You add an embellishment every few rows. This was fast and easy to make and it is fun to wear.

 Who knew I could learn to do a popcorn stitch? For this lei I made lots and lots of popcorns and then crocheted around them with fun fur. It took a while to do this one and I felt a sense of accomplishment when it was done.
Thanks for looking at "what I did on my vacation."

1 comment:

  1. Very Cute. You should do a project for my Valentine blog hop. It starts tomorrow. I tell you how to add the Hop to your post if you want.

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete