Friday, January 6, 2012

What I have been up to

I thought I would show you what I have been up to lately. I started making ribbon flowers over the Christmas holiday and I have been having a good time. (I must tell you that Stampin' Up! satin ribbon is wonderful to work with.)

 The brown ball with yellow flowers is similar to the ones I posted in December made with the twitterpated fabric. The ball is covered with brown velvet pieces. I made these by gathering the velvet in the middle of each 2 inch square using a gathering stitch. The velvet was too thick to use just pins. Then I added some yellow flowers to create a bit of contrast.

The red and the razzleberry flowers are made with retired ribbon. It is so much fun to look through my ribbon supply and try my hand at different petal designs.



This corsage is made with three layers of velvet flowers and a pink bud made from SU! ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment